Wednesday, July 20, 2011

When, where, how or do you like Country or Country Western Music?

I'm a young buck in college now. I was born and raised in Houston, Texas and it took me a long time to decide I liked country music growing up because I didn't really understand it until my early teens. Country music is a type of music where it isn't just about the beat or the sound of the band. It's more about the message of the lyrics. I like my share of the older country and my share of the newer country but there has been too much pop mixed in with it lately. The influence of pop/hip hop is taking away from the talent that is required to make pretty sounds naturally and in a unique fashion. Personally I don't think there is a bad time for country music. And I think if we take the best of the morals expressed in country music and tried to live by them this world might just be a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment